Prizes & trophies:
Presentation of prizes and awards will be at 13:30 in the race headquarters.
Trophies will be awarded as follows:
First three men and first three ladies.
All awards will be made on "Gun start to chip finish basis", NOT chip time.
Age category trophies, one per age group.
Male vets 35 to 70+ in 5 year increments.
Female vets 35 to 70+ in 5 year increments.
Trophies limited to one per person except winning team members.
Men’s and Ladies’ Team prizes, three to score.
Winning teams calculated on cumulative race position, gender relative.
Race results will be displayed on notice boards inside the race headquarters as soon as possible after the race.
Results will also be available from the Bedford Harriers website: www.bedfordharriers.co.uk
Previous years' results
2022 2021 2020 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003
SMS Text Results:
Where a mobile telephone number has been provided, the participant’s Gun Start to Chip Finish time will be sent
immediately after the end of the race. This time should be considered as a provisional time only.
Bedfordshire County Championships:
County Awards criteria
1. A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal
(see clarification below). Medals will usually be awarded on the day.
2. As of 2018 no medals nor certificates will be given for second or third place.
3. Categories are as follows: the overall race position, juniors (U20) and vets in 5 year age groups. Females start at
V35, males at V40.
4. As mentioned above nobody will get two medals. So, should for example, an FV60 be the overall fastest vet, they
will only get the V60 medal and NOT V35, V40, V45, V50, V55 medals as well.
Note the above is not an exaggerated example but has actually happened (Luton 5 mile 2017 most recently but other
occasions as well) !
5. Criterion 4 also applies if a vet wins the overall race. I.e. they will get the medal for the overall race and not for their
vet category which will go to the next fastest vet.